Blinds & window treatments improve your home’s appearance and function. Before choosing styles, materials or fabrication, determine what you want the window treatments or blinds to do. Here are some factors you might consider:Privacy
– Can you look through the window and watch your neighbor’s television?Light control
– Does someone work the night shift and need to have a dark room by day, do streetlights intrude, or, does the room get full afternoon sun?Noise
– Are you on a busy street?Work light
– Do activities in the room benefit from natural light, like a kitchen or artist’s studio?Appearance
– Do you have any style or décor preferences? Will the treatments stand out or blend into the décor?
There are an infinite number of combinations from which to choose. This is where the accomplished design team at Nemeth Family Interiors can help you. In the store or on a home visit, you and your designer develop a plan that includes:
Size of window
Category of window covers – curtains/drapes or blinds
Styles you prefer
Type of materials and fabrication
Color and patterns
Once you have a handle on all of this, your design professional will guide you through integrating all the above elements so the selection of style, materials and hardware will work together to suit both your needs and aesthetics. We encourage a home consultation by one of the Nemeth Family Interiors’ design professionals so that the window treatments are suitable in relation to your household, wall coverings (wall paper, paint, tiles) and flooring (carpet, hardwood, laminate).